DRAFT: Monday's Podcast with Spot

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri May 15 22:23:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 05:32:10PM -0400, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> This is a draft of what will go out on Monday morning.  Please let me
> know what you think.  Also, spot, is the audio content okay with you?
> Oh, also please not this is without the audio introduction which I will
> edit in once everything is done.

* edited version follows:

Fedora 11 Podcast Series #3 - General Overview of F11 with Tom 'Spot'
Callaway

Continuing on in our series of Fedora 11 podcasts, we present an
interview of the series with Tom 'Spot' Callaway.  In case you don't
know Spot, he's been making Fedora happen since before Fedora was
called Fedora.  Spot is a Red Hat Engineer, the Fedora Engineering
Manager, and of course an active and knowledgeable community member.
With keen insights and an eagle-eye view of the Fedora release
process, the community, and our history and roadmap, you can be sure
that any chat with Spot is worth your while.

Fedora 11 General Overview and Insights with Tom Spot Callaway
[http://jack.fedorapeople.org/spot%20podcast%20prerelease.ogg]

In the interview, Spot covers much ground, with everything from
features in the upcoming release such as 20 Second Startup
[http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/20SecondStartup] and Kernel
Mode Setting
[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KernelModesetting] to the
future Fedora artists movement.  Spot also talks about the importance
and benefit of Fedora's upstream oriented developer process, the
recent enhancements to Fedora's QA process, and the addition of
members to the Fedora QA team.  Finally Spot takes a nostalgic trip
down Memory Lane, with a discussion of the long history behind Fedora,
what he thinks Fedora as a community has to offer contributors, and
why Fedora is the very best place to be.