Fedora 11 Podcast Series #3 - General Overview of F11 with Tom 'Spot' Callaway

Jack Aboutboul jaa at redhat.com
Mon May 18 15:13:31 UTC 2009

Continuing on in our series of Fedora 11 podcasts, we present an
interview of the series with Tom 'Spot' Callaway. In case you don't know
Spot, he's been making Fedora happen since before Fedora was
called Fedora. Spot is a Red Hat Engineer, the Fedora Engineering
Manager, and of course an active and knowledgeable community member.
With keen insights and an eagle-eye view of the Fedora release process,
the community, and our history and roadmap, you can be sure that any
chat with Spot is worth your while.

Fedora 11 General Overview and Insights with Tom Spot Callaway
[http://jack.fedorapeople.org/Fedora%2011%20Overview%20-%20Spot%20Callaway.ogg]

In the interview, Spot covers much ground, with everything from features
in the upcoming release such as 20 Second Startup
[http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/20SecondStartup] and Kernel Mode
Setting [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KernelModesetting] to
the future Fedora artists movement. Spot also talks about the importance
and benefit of Fedora's upstream oriented developer process, the recent
enhancements to Fedora's QA process, and the addition of members to the
Fedora QA team. Finally Spot takes a nostalgic trip down Memory Lane,
with a discussion of the long history behind Fedora, what he thinks
Fedora as a community has to offer contributors, and why Fedora is the
very best place to be.