Some relevant dates

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sun Nov 8 16:57:18 UTC 2009

> Oct. 21 - In-depth feature #1 (SystemTap)
> Oct. 27 - Video spotlight #1
> Oct. 26 - Nov. 8: Edit webcopy for http://redhat.com/Fedora
> Weeks of Nov. 3 and Nov. 9 - schedule and facilitate pre-briefs
> Nov.  3 - In-depth feature #2 (Desktop or Virt)<-- prefer Desktop here
> Nov.  5 - Finalize homepage promo and send to geos
> Nov.  9 - Finalize F12 launch video
> Nov. 10 - Video spotlight #2
> Nov. 12 - Press release to int'l PR teams for translation
> Nov. 17 - F12 GA / Launch video / press release

Thanks for the heads-up, Paul - ooh, video spotlights! I'm curious to
see those.

As a side note, for the next release, we might want to try merging the
F13 version of the calendar above and the F13 version of
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-marketing-tasks.html (the
marketing task timeline the Fedora Marketing team came up with at the
start of the cycle), so we have all the F13 Marketing/PR dates on one
page; I wonder if that will make it easier for Fedora Marketing and Red
Hat PR/Marketing to help each other out on this.

We can figure whether this will work during F13 planning meetings, this
is just a heads-up that it's something likely to hit the agenda at some
point after the craziness from this cycle is over.

--Mel