Fedora 12 tour

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Mon Nov 9 01:57:50 UTC 2009

Hi Robyn!

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 18:01 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> When I read this thread I had a small idea - it would be cool if we
> had some sort of rotating banner / box / something with a photo of a
> person and the "I use Fedora 12 for X" or "What I like most about F12
> is Y"...  with their name and what they do.  For example, mine might
> say something like, "My kids use Fedora 12 for online preschool games"
> -Robyn, a mom!
>
> ...just to show the diversity of what Fedora offers to a variety of
> people.  Let users upload a photo and a statement and give them a
> chance to see themselves on the front page or something.
>
> Anyway, just, you know, coming up with my usual random ideas :)  All
> the stuff we say Fedora 12 can do is fine and dandy, but it's awesome
> to hear about practical use cases from actual end users, with actual
> faces.

Absolutely, I think it's a fantastic idea. Paul and I had mocked up
something similar for the www.fpo redesign (slated for F13) a while
back. Check it out (the 'I use Fedora block towards the bottom):

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/woot/page1.png

Was thinking it could be a rotating set of stories.... what do you
think? Would you be willing to be interviewed for a feature like
that? :)

~m