Potential press release for Red Hat to distribute

Kara Schiltz kschiltz at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 19:22:05 UTC 2009

Hi Max,

I think this is a good news item that we could make some noise with in
the press. It is something that I'd be willing to put out through the
Red Hat channels. However, it's important to note that this press
release and any other future Fedora press releases distributed by Red
Hat would be subject to review and approval. That said, there could be
changes (some minor and others perhaps a little more heavy) to a press
release drafted by the community and distributed via Red Hat channels.

Red Hat always aims to stay true to the spirit of Fedora in the
Fedora-related communications we distribute. But, as a publicly-traded
company there are rules and regulations Red Hat must follow. All press
releases must be reviewed by Red Hat's Legal team to ensure that we're
adhering to SEC and company guidelines. We also try to follow AP style
guidelines which could result in some formatting changes.

I'm very happy and eager to help in distributing Fedora communications
via Red Hat channels. Please just keep in mind that there are some
things to consider including the potential for a community-drafted press
release to be edited from its original form. As mentioned above, it
could be a minor change but there could also be more considerable
changes depending on the subject matter.

Let me know if you'd like to move forward in pushing out the Creative
Commons press release via Red Hat press channels. I'm happy to help get
things started!

Thanks,
Kara