[in the news] Tip of the hat: Fedora 12 a strong update

Kara Schiltz kschiltz at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 18:48:25 UTC 2009

Ars Technica
11.17.09

Tip of the hat: Fedora 12 a strong update
A new version of the Fedora Linux distribution was released today.
Fedora 12, codenamed Constantine, is now available for download.
By Ryan Paul

Red Hat announced today the official release of Fedora 12, the latest
version of the popular open source Linux distribution. This release
brings some impressive new features and a lot of much-needed bugfixes.
It's a strong update that puts the distro on the right track forward and
addresses the serious installation problems that we encountered when we
tested Fedora 11.

Fedora 12, codenamed Constantine, brings improved power management,
performance optimizations, new virtualization enhancements, and a lot of
other great stuff. A lot of the improvements will boost Fedora's
suitability for netbooks. A new Moblin spin is available that allows
users to easily test Moblin's specialized user interface on top of
Fedora 12.

Full article:
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/11/tip-of-the-hat-fedora-12-a-strong-update.ars