[in the news] Mint 8 achieves RC1, and Fedora 12 goes final

Kara Schiltz kschiltz at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 21:14:57 UTC 2009

DesktopLinux.com -- eWeek
11.17.09

Mint 8 achieves RC1, and Fedora 12 goes final
By Eric Brown

The Fedora Project has released the final version 12 of its Red
Hat-related Linux distribution. As we reported when we covered the _beta
release_ <http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS4472675809.html> of Fedora
12 ("Constantine") last month, the new release is notable for offering
speed optimizations for i686 CPUs and the Intel Atom. The latest version
also provides IPv6 support, plus enhanced Bluetooth, virtualization,
multimedia, and power management features (see our previous story for
more details).

Full article: