[in the news] Users howl as Fedora 12 gives root to unwashed masses

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 06:34:20 UTC 2009

> I think the update in progress needs to be ..uhm.. "propagated" more.
> Not a lot of folks (I also mean users who only heard of the drama via
> dents etc and nothing more) are aware of it.

+1 - thanks for getting this started, Ankur. Things are moving fast
around here, and anything we can do to help with transparency outreach
around the situation is a Good Thing. I'll post some resources in just a
moment (Paul's announcement - which he linked to in this thread - is one
of them, and where I'd personally start pointing people and articles
to), with the caveat that this situation *is* still evolving rapidly.

Give me a moment and I'll round up some links... I'm also hoping folks
with more PR experience can chime in here with
thoughts/advice/tips/strategies/examples of similar issues being handled
well in the past.

--Mel