Video: 5 Fun Things in Fedora 12

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:06:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Oh wow, I'm really glad I did this then - I think casual videos like
>> this can be a really cool way for each of us to show off what we know,
>> because I think everybody approaches Fedora a bit differently and
>> discovers different things so we can learn a lot from each other.
>> Sweet! :)
>
> MEME TIME!
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting (I use Istanbul)
>
>> Here is the raw English transcript to translate:
>>
>> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/blog/video/5funthingsf12/5funthingsinf12-transcript.txt
>
> So, ah...
>
> 0. It was great to see the one-page release notes get localized, and I've
> heard some requests to try to get the Marketing stuff more i18n'd
> 1. I'm trying to learn Spanish (and Chinese, for that matter, though it's
> harder for me to translate things into Chinese).
> 2. I figure this is as good a way as any to learn how to work with our
> translation workflow.
>
> So, with a lot of help from Google Translate, I took 15 minutes and have...
> http://mchua.fedorapeople.org/translations/es/5funthingsinf12-transcript-es.txt
>
> What should I do next? (Other than get someone to proofread/fix my Spanish.)
>
> Thanks for the transcript, Mo - as someone who needs them, I really
> appreciate subtitles/captions/transcripts. I reckon I should look into
> getting http://www.jubler.org/ and
> http://trans.sourceforge.net/en/presentation.php packaged sometime and going
> on a feedback/bug-reporting spree for both + similar projects.
>
> --Mel

When I started as Ambassador, I was told to subscribe to this list. I
have not join the marketing team yet, I intend to do so in January.
But I have some time tonight, and I can use to correct the Spanish
google translation. There are useful for another people understand
what you are saying, but there are not good enough for  distribution.
If no one volunteer before, I can undertake this in about 5 hours.

By the way, nice work!

Best regards

--
Neville