Video: 5 Fun Things in Fedora 12

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:12:57 UTC 2009

2009/11/30 Máirín Duffy <mairin at linuxgrrl.com>:
> Hi,
> I just posted a 15 minute 'fun things in Fedora' video. It's on YouTube
> - I tried blip.tv and the upload kept stalling, so I split the video in
> to and got it up on YouTube just so I could make it available more
> quickly.
>
> http://mairin.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/5-fun-things-in-fedora-12-video/
> Hope you enjoy,

Unfortunately, one of the five fun things is not watching the five fun
things videos in a stock fedora install.

The site requires flash.

…  If anyone doing fedora marketing wants to put up videos that don't
require proprietary software to view, please feel free to drop me an
email. I'd be glad to help, or if I'm too busy I can connect you
with someone else willing and able to help.

Supporting open video technology isn't especially hard, and it doesn't
require losing compatibility with people still on proprietary platforms.
... though it is a little more involved than just dropping the videos
on youtube.