F12 In-depth features - Print / Podcast interviews

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:54:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 08:27:33AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 05:34:55PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> > As discussed in the marketing meeting yesterday on irc....
> >
> > Now that the Fedora 12 talking points have been settled, we need to
> > start doing print or podcast interviews around some of those points /
> > features.  We selected 4 talking points in the marketing meeting
> > yesterday that should definitely have interviews to go along with them
> > - Next-Gen Ogg, NetworkManager enhancements, Virt improvements, and
> > Systemtap improvements - but to do the interviews, we still need
> > interviewers.
> >
> > The tools / information to start doing interviews are available here:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:F12_in-depth_features  ... and
> > please note the table for features and owners.  If you are willing to
> > take something on, please add your name to the wiki as the owner so we
> > know that we (a) have an owner, and (b) don't have 12 owners being
> > redundant.  Stickster has graciously volunteered to do the SystemTap
> > interview. (Thank you, Paul :D )  Mchua - I don't know if you want to
> > open marketing tickets for each of these interviews, if so I can do
> > that.
> >
> > Mchua previously issued a call to action on this -
> > https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/73 - and so we're still
> > looking to synchronize interviewees and interviewers. If you have any
> > ideas, please post your suggestions in the wiki and/or on the mailing
> > list.
>
> I created my stub page for the SystemTap interview as I did in F11.
> The page is here if anyone wants to copy my work (which is
> encouraged!):
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SystemTap_in_Fedora_12
>
> I'll write the print interview questions shortly and should have
> answers and a podcast within the next week or so.  Already have a
> developer on the hook! ;-)

Status note -- I have the print interview up, and will be editing it
(for simple errors) and possibly adding a couple clarification
questions in the next couple of days.  Podcast interview set for this
afternoon, for which I'll be using the instructions posted here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_make_a_podcast