New blog post

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 19:28:51 UTC 2009

On 10/07/2009 03:10 PM, Colby Hoke wrote:
> I understand all of that. I'm saying what if someone else cuts it up and
> each time he mentions developers, he suddenly says Nazis. (Yeah I went
> there, I'm just saying...)

I tend to believe that the people who want to make disgusting and
hateful remixes of our content will do so irregardless of our licensing
model. By restricting derivative works, we merely prevent those with
good and positive intentions from doing so.

Or, to frame it another way, should we prevent people from making code
changes to our software because they could turn the software into
dangerous viruses or Nazi themed window managers? (Hey, you went there
first.)

~spot