What happened in June of 2009 within the Fedora Project?

Gregory Zysk gz.int.project at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:22:11 UTC 2009

Dear Marketing,

One of the first things I see in order to help in marketing is the
establishment of measurement systems. Measurement systems allow us
internally to gauge how we are doing, and what needs to be improved. This is
true also for the those viewing the community from an external standpoint.
These measurements will provide us with more legitimacy and provide a
platform where we are transparent about our results and that our results are
measurable (and not some abstract way that no one can understand). I can
see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_research that we have begun to
start an formulate research that will be used to produce these statistics,
but fail to see any methodologies that are used to base these questionnaires
off of.

One thing I would like to start with to help all of you form a marketing
mindset is to ask the question of "What happened in June of 2009 within the
Fedora Project?

As you can see: https://fedorahosted.org/fama/wiki/AmbassadorMetrics views
that we have had a steady increase since measurement began in January of
2006. That is until June of 2009.

Once we can answer this question, we can begin to answer these
sub-questions:

1) Who were these ambassadors?
2) What specific contributor groups were they apart of?
3) Where did they go after they left the ambassador group?

Please feels free to give me your comments and suggestions regarding this
issue, so we can start to problem solve some issues to help us provide
better and more improved results, as we do technically with every release.

All the best,

Gregory

--
Gregory Zysk