What happened in June of 2009 within the Fedora Project?

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 13:46:51 UTC 2009

replying to his own is also not healthy ;) but i want to add something

On Wednesday 14 October 2009 15:20:49 Joerg Simon wrote:
> I think there is a risk to fail if one is trying to succesfully transport
> business measurement techniques one to one from business world into a FOSS
> Project. Measurement is about control and business controlls will not work
> here. But maybe we can adopt some of it!

If you want measure success you need to quantify and measure that is for sure!

>  i know you are very eager to start and that is the reason i try provide
>  you an answer for your questions - maybe we can achieve something great by
>  combine things from both world.

The right way to do things like that in fedora, would be a new "fedora
statistics group" which could be a place for all people who like to gather
data from fas, love to quantify and for people who want to interpret such
things - the benefit, it keeps the "deal with us own" in this group. Away from
the groups who want to be productive and do not wan't wasting time with such
things (like writing scripts which will have no direct impact to the release
itself)
How sounds that?

cu

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688