Where to start?

Gregory Zysk gz.int.project at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:49:18 UTC 2009

Dear Marketing,

I have pondered over the question of; 'where to start?'

After receiving the comments on this list which were supplemented by emails
supporting the fact that there is not much coordination in the area of
marketing, but more so the unwillingness to see the relevance of it, it
makes this a difficult mission. That combined with the questions I have
asked through email to the group leader who never replies to those mails
makes this impossible.

There has been talk of people not wanting to look inside the organization,
but just want to focus on the outside. Like a doctor who takes care of the
sick but never takes care of themselves. He may help a lot of people, but
when he neglects his own health, he eventually ends up in a position where
he can no longer help others.

I can really say that as a newbie to the FOSS community and someone who is
not a "techie" or paid to do this but looks at it as one of this social
responsibilities, I am really not too impressed. There is widespread
disagreement, as their is in many other FOSS communities also which leads me
to believe that this is a "members club" only. Those members being the
technically inclined. These technical people have jobs that either support
you to work on Fedora with their time and money or you are actually paid by
Fedora/Redhat.Those of "us" who do not fall under those categories are
putting all of our time with no supplemental payment.

Therefore, I suggest you keep this a technical distro only, that way
everyone entering the community as well as it's users will have a foundation
to start from. Wider user bases than that need not apply.

After many hours contemplating it and some sleepless nights, I have decided
where to start: Removing myself from this group!

--
Gregory Zysk

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Gmzysk

Fingerprint: 4643 E1AE 1AAD 85D4 6276