Meeting minutes 2009-10-20

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 05:06:00 UTC 2009

On 10/20/2009 05:08 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
 > On 10/21/2009 02:34 AM, Mel Chua wrote:
 >> Minutes at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#2009.
 >
 > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Schedule seems outdated.
 > Can you update it to reflect the current schedule?

Thanks for pointing that out, Rahul - you're right, it's out-of-date.

The short version is that we need to work out the last month of the
overall F12 Marketing schedule, putting in detailed dates and times for
work sprints on our remaining F12 release deliverables before figuring
out how the remaining FI work will fit around that.

So I've updated the page to this for the moment in an attempt to
accurately reflect the situation (and ask for help settling out and
driving the remainder of the FI work that needs to be done for us to hit
production).

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Schedule

"This schedule is outdated - we're planning out the F12 release
deliverables, and then we'll see how the remainder of the FI deployment
work will fit around it. If you'd like to accelerate the FI schedule,
feel free to take a look at the open FI tickets and lay out dates to
complete the work."

Right now, I'm simultaneously wrangling both the overall Marketing
schedule and the FI schedule using the same resources - which isn't
ideal. A better, less bottleneck-prone setup would be to have each
deliverable sprint (including FI deliverable sprints) be driven
independently, since 7 people each driving a 90-minute sprint is much
more manageable; this way, if someone wants to pick up on FI work and
drive it faster, they can.

So that's what we're going to try to do, starting with a one-page
release notes sprint somewhere between 9am-2pm PST (rbergeron and I will
holler to the mailing list and log the channel when we find each other
and start).

If there's an FI ticket-clearing sprint you'd like to schedule, pick a
couple tickets, pick a time, and shout out to the list when you start -
remember to #startmeeting and #endmeeting so that the sprint gets logged
in channel,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#Procedure_for_Minutes_and_Logging.
The launch date currently depends on how fast these sprints move forward.

The first sprint that's needed for FI is the install instructions,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_Zikula_sandbox - they
need to give step-by-step instructions for replicating the setup of
http://publictest6.fedoraproject.org/zikula/ from scratch, so
Infrastructure can puppetize them for staging and production. The
current instructions are for generic zikula with a list of FI-specific
packages at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_Zikula_sandbox#Fedora_Insight_specific_modules.

Probably a longer response than you wanted, but hope this helps with
some clarification. Thanks for the ping!

--Mel