Zikula questions at this week's Marketing meeting

Simon Birtwistle simon at zikula.org
Wed Sep 2 03:39:46 UTC 2009

Sorry for my disappearing this week, been a bit crazy (I didn't get away
from work until 1am last night, and 11pm today).

So Zikula 2 is our long term, major change developmental branch.  We're
moving to a fully object oriented codebase, reducing code size while keeping
functionality and improving performance.  Along the way we should pick up a
few features.  But, by its nature, development of Zikula 2 is a pretty slow
process, so we're talking 1 year plus before I predict it hitting stable.

The good news is we maintain backwards compatibility in our APIs and so on,
so all the modules we set up now should work fine.

In the case of pagemaster, they are including the library precisely because
Zikula 2 is so far off.  When it gets nearer (probably release candidate
stage), there will be a new version of pagemaster without the FilterUtil
library bundled.

Sorry for missing the meeting, but thanks for sending me this email direct
so I saw it :)

Simon