Fedora Magazine: notes

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 17:06:22 UTC 2009

David Nalley brought out a convo to public IRC today (it's bounced
around a bit in private email, I found out about it last night, and we
agreed there wasn't any reason not to have this convo on a public
list/channel, so here we go).

We logged our IRC conversation (w00t transparency - I'm trying to make
logging important IRC convos and summarizing them to the list a cultural
norm here).

Basically:

* Linux Pro Magazine (via the awesome Rikki Kite) can print a special
Fedora issue.
* This would cost us money (on the order of magnitude of $10k, though we
can recoup that if people pay for issues)
* This would ideally look like "Fedora Insight: The Print Version" (we'd
want the content to be community-contributed rather than hiring outside
writers, because Fedora already has awesome writers)
* If we want it for F12, we have to decide by the end of this week and
somebody has to step up to lead/drive/edit/etc. this project (a somewhat
monumental task)
* We can do this for a later release too, there's nothing particularly
special about right now
* Right now, unless a miracle happens and somebody *really* wants to do
this, we do not have the bandwidth to do it well for F12, but it would
be awesome to do it for a later release, so we should talk with Rikki to
see what the timing for an F13 or F14 print issue would look like.

And that's where things stand right now. Comments and thoughts welcome,
as always.

The full log is at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#2009, or go directly
to the log here: