Existing F12 materials for LPM magazine proposal context

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 16:37:11 UTC 2009

Rikki, I don't seem to have Joe's email - could you forward this to him,
please? Thanks!

Marketing team: Max and I had a call with the good folks from Linux Pro
Magazine today about the possibilities for
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_print_magazine. They asked how
they could best get up to speed with what F12 will be like - here's my
short list of resources I think are useful for this, but feel free to
chime in if you think of anything I've missed. (Rikki and Joe - welcome
to the world of Fedora. ;)

Our Marketing team's timeline for F12 materials is up on
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-marketing-tasks.html.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/12/FeatureList (for more context
on feature lists and feature profiles,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features may help.)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F12_talking_points - the talking points
themselves are works in progress, but it'll give you an idea of what in
the feature list we're going to be focusing on; to see what talking
points end up looking like, the F11 ones are at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F11_Talking_Points.

The other thing I mentioned on the call is that we're moving our
marketing materials from "scattered all across the internet" to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight, which is a platform we're
actively working on getting up right now (Keiran Smith is working on the
server as we speak.) https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/11
and https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/12 give some idea of
the kinds of materials we're planning on publishing there, in case
there's anything that would be useful -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Content and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Sketches are the best
things to look at to get a quick idea of what we're doing and where
we're heading with the stuff that we're producing.

Hope this helps!

--Mel