Marketing meeting minutes, 2009-09-01

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 21:10:33 UTC 2009

Wow. It's September already.

Notes up at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#2009, and
at the links below.

For everyone who's at the Summit - have fun, kick ass, and we'll see you
next week!

--Mel

<zodbot> Meeting ended Tue Sep  1 21:03:39 2009 UTC.  Information about
MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot .
<zodbot> Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-09-01/fedora-meeting.2009-09-01-20.01.html
<zodbot> Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-09-01/fedora-meeting.2009-09-01-20.01.txt
<zodbot> Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-09-01/fedora-meeting.2009-09-01-20.01.log.html

Short notes:

    1. Roll Call (mchua, 20:01:12)
          1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#Agenda
(mchua, 20:03:44)

    2. How are folks doing? (mchua, 20:04:33)
    3. Release deliverables (mchua, 20:07:45)
          1. ACTION: mchua to forward email to marketing professors
about having their classes help with Fedora Marketing deliverables
(mchua, 20:12:59)
          2. AGREED: Need clarity around how the honor of authoring the
final release notes is bestowed. (mchua, 20:18:56)
          3.
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-marketing-tasks.html (mchua,
20:22:13)

    4. Briefing Ambassadors about F12 (mchua, 20:25:25)
          1.
http://www.allbusiness.com/company-activities-management/sales-selling-sales/11550452-1.html
(mchua, 20:28:45)
          2. https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/report/3 (mchua,
20:30:18)

    5. Fedora Insight (mchua, 20:36:51)
          1. ACTION: mchua to check out what happened to zikula modules
questions update email to logistics and marketing (mchua, 20:42:59)
          2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/logistics/2009-September/000206.html
(mchua, 20:45:20)
          3.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/logistics/2009-September/000206.html
(mchua, 20:45:26)
          4. ACTION: mchua to followup with itbegins to get
information/code/modules/packages/etc. to abadger1999 for FI zikula
modules (mchua, 20:45:55)
          5. ACTION: mchua never mind finding the zikula modules
questions update email to logistics and marketing. Today is no longer
August, it's September. (mchua, 20:47:47)
          6. ACTION: rbergeron to post FI workflow to mailing list and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Workflow once computer is
toy-free :) (mchua, 20:48:40)

    6. Marketing-fu++ (mchua, 20:49:52)
          1. ACTION: mchua send
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/MarketingPlan to list and ask
for comments (mchua, 20:51:06)

    7. marketing research (mchua, 20:52:56)
          1. Market research thing-we-could-do #1: "users want X, we
delivered Y% of this" feedback loop with engineering - gauging user
needs. (mchua, 20:58:12)
          2. Market research thing-we-could-do #2: start an open source
market research repository (if no such thing exists) (mchua, 20:59:51)

    8. open floor (mchua, 21:01:36)
          1. ACTION: mchua to ping SeanDaly on Fedora Classroom class on
Marketing again; I think he might be back this week or next (mchua,
21:02:38)