Fedora Insight update - finally up to date!

Simon Birtwistle simon at zikula.org
Sun Sep 6 18:49:12 UTC 2009

> On 09/06/2009 08:22 PM, Mel Chua wrote:
> > After multiple failed attempts to keep the FI wikipage up to date, I
> > finally realized the way to keep it up to date was to link to our
> > ticketing system, since *that* is up to date.
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-
> team/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=Fedora+
> Insight&order=priority
> >

> > (from
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#What.27s_happening)
> >
> > Everything seems to be going along pretty well - there's one
> > infra-related thing that we're blocking on and need to resolve soon,
> > which is repackaging fasauth (which is now useful for all zikula
> > instances rather than specifically tuned to what FI needs - docs
> folks,
> > I think it's ready for you now). I've been told this should be pretty
> > easy for someone who Knows Packaging.
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/26
>
> One of the packages I submitted is still waiting on review. Considering
> the urgency expressed in the request to the mailing list, that seems
> unusual. Status?

So pagemaster has a bundled library, FilterUtil, which needs to be separated
to a different package.  This isn't quite as simple as it sounds, as the
FilterUtil package needs to install to a different directory, and requires a
minor code change.

In short, the following needs to happen to pagemaster:
Strip out classes/FilterUtil

And the following needs to happen
FilterUtil must be packaged as a separate class, installing to the
config/classes directory in a Zikula installation.  The source for this is
here: http://code.zikula.org/filterutil/browser/trunk/
This file:
http://code.zikula.org/filterutil/browser/trunk/FilterUtil.class.php
Must be modified, on line 16, to change the path from the current
'includes/pnobjlib/FilterUtil' to 'config/classes'.
The package needs to be submitted for approval.

There is one further change to make.  We need to choose between modifying
the code to pagemaster (in at least one location:
http://code.zikula.org/pagemaster/browser/trunk/modules/pagemaster/pnuserapi
.php lines 303-306) or creating a symlink from
config/classes/modules/pagemaster/classes/FilterUtil to
config/classes/FilterUtil.

Sadly, this is more complicated than it at first seems because no one ever
expected FilterUtil to come up against Fedora packaging guidelines :)

Simon