Fedoracommunity.org index page

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 19:12:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 01:55:13PM -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
>> Having said that, I'd propose that we get in touch with the groups
>> using the fedoracommunity.org domain (#3) to find out to what extent a
>> renaming would hamper their community efforts.  I'd like to do that
>> with a Cc: of an appropriate list -- Marketing?  Websites?  Logistics?
>> Other?
>
> I think Logistics is the right list for this, since it involves
> Websites, Infrastructure, and (eventually, when we need to do a
> marketing campaign for whatever new names go out there) Marketing, so
> I'd start a thread there and send a message to each list saying "hey,
> this discussion is happening in Logistics, <link>."
>
> /me is also happy to do the legwork on this if desired. ;)

Heherson from the ph.fc.o-using community got in touch with me just a
few minutes ago -- yay list email! -- and had this to say:

<azneita> ping stickster
<stickster> azneita: pong
 Hi azneita, what can I do for you?
<azneita> about the ph.fedoracommunity.org domain on the list
 what are the current plans for it?
<stickster> So there was a ticket filed for that --
 Ah, sorry: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/946
 azneita: So the DNS entry exists for that host
<azneita> nah. about the branding conflict with fedora community app
<stickster> azneita: There's been a discussion on Websites list (and
 Markeing)
 azneita: Heh, yeah -- just getting to that
 I think one of the questions we have to answer is, how much pain does
 renaming either of these properties cause
 azneita: Since I have you here... :-)
 What can you tell me about how that would affect ph.fc.o?
<azneita> for our case, we pretty much maintains two dns entries for
 the sites - ph.fc.o and fedora.bluepoint.com.ph
<stickster> In other words, if we were to move the 2nd level domain
 to, say, "fedoralocales.org" (just an example, not really a name yet)
 -- what kind of problems would that cause for your community in the
 Phillipines?
<azneita> pretty much little
 just a bunch of link rots but they are minimal
--> k0k (n=k0k at fedora/k0k) has joined #fedora-ambassadors
<azneita> that's only for us though -- don't know about the other guys
 we sort of liked fedoracommunity though :D