Red Hat Delivers Grant To Carnegie Mellon University's School of Computer Science

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 10 21:34:09 UTC 2009

Red Hat Summit – Chicago – Sept. 1, 2009 – Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT),
the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced
that it has gifted a grant to Carnegie Mellon University’s School of
Computer Science (SCS) to create a state-of-the-art, open source
computer laboratory. The laboratory, which will be officially dedicated
later this year, will be available to all students, faculty and staff to
promote the development and use of free and open source software.

http://news.cs.cmu.edu/article.php?a=1029

As a CMU student, this (and what the plans are for this lab) are all of
great interest to me, so if anybody knows who's driving this, I'd really
love to hear more information about this!

Thanks,
Ricky