Fedora News on Zikula

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 15:48:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 03:24:53PM +0100, Simon Birtwistle wrote:
> Sorry for top-post, on my mobile.  An editor is awaiting packaging,
> as our first efforts ran into licensing issues.  The plan is to get
> FI up and running asap with a basic news service, and we'll look
> into more complex workflows (including notification/category based
> permissions) post Fedora 12.  We've been hitting some fairly hard
> scheduling requirements for FI, and we've done well to get as far as
> we have in the time so far.

Agreed.  Simon, to what extent have the licensing issues we've found
made an impression on the Zikula community?

In some cases, I think we found places where licenses were mingled
incompatibly.  Has that process helped to educate Zikula community
members at all so that they are better able to identify compatibly
licensed software as they continue to build up new Zikula components?