[Ambassadors] F12 talking points are out!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:43:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 02:34:47AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 09/17/2009 07:07 AM, Mel Chua wrote:
> > The F12 talking points have been released, and are ready for use (and
> > improvement!) Many thanks to Steven Moix, Paul Frields, and Jon Roberts
> > for their hard work.
>
> It seemed incomplete and I added a few more notes. I think, there is
> still more work to be done here. I will followup if I find time.

The talking points were discussed here on the list and in Marketing
meetings as needing to have impact for lay press.  The additional
points you added either don't have that quality, in that they're not
easily summarized in a short sentence, or are not points on which a
speaker would want to concentrate.  ABRT is a great feature, for
example, but you don't want to give informational points that
overemphasize crashes or other non-performance.

I can go through those one by one if needed here, but the idea should
not be to make this list longer, because then it is no longer a crisp
set of talking points; it's a substitute release overview.  We do not
need to blur those lines or the document gets far less useful overall.

Just for point of reference, we froze the talking points list back in
August, after list and meeting conversation that happened throughout
July and August:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-August/msg00044.html