EMEA Ambassadors talking about TV ads

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:31:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Nonprofits are generally challenged in arranging mass media
> advertising; the usual approach is to find an ad agency which will
> work pro bono, and broadcasters willing to donate air time /
> publishers willing to donate print ad space.
>
> FWIW I talked about these issues here:
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2009-March/000681.html
>
> Sean

I came across some ideas for promoting Amateur Radio events on an ARRL
magazine. What the suggested is that the organization at large produce some
shorts videos about what they do, in the most generic way. They already have
some material.[0] They leave some spaces where you can add up your specific
information like dates of events and contact data of the nearest group. Then
you can go to a local TV station and ask as a non-profit if the have some
time avaliable. Usually they fill they lack of pay advertisements promoting
their schedule (upcoming programs). They recommend that the material has to
be exactly timed ... if you say 20 seconds should be that and not roughly 20
seconds.

So the basic idea is to have ready material professional made, make room for
localization and then locally negotiated with TV stations. This needs people
skills to find a friend on the TV station to endorse this non-profit
announce. It only will work if this more an announcement for a specific
event that will justify the non-profit cause. If it looks like advertisement
they will be trying to charge for it. This looks like a joint venture for
marketing producing and ambassadors distributing.

Sound fun to recycle ideas and adapt them to work for us.

[0] http://www.hello-radio.org/

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217