FI content workflow

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 05:14:32 UTC 2010

On 01/07/2010 11:30 PM, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 05:06:32PM -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
>> I tried drafting out an ascii version of the workflow I saw being tossed
>> around at FUDCon - thoughts? Is this accurate? Workable? It's pretty simple.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Content_workflow
>>
>> (I'm not sure if I'm using the word "workflow" in the same way that FWN
>> uses it - if there's another word I should use instead, or some way this
>> diagram ought to be revised, please ping - or edit the wiki version. ;)
>
> As a workflow it makes sense, in the answering if you are using the
> correct term etc.
>
> One thing that is missing is a box alongside "press" "web" "fedora
> planet" that is an in-flow for original content targeted for FI.
> Might want to add that even if you don't intend original content for a
> while?

Thanks - added,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Content_workflow. I'm
hoping that will actually be a small (or possibly even nonexistent)
subset of content; I'd like FI to draw from content "upstreams" as much
as possible so that editors can focus on *finding* good content rather
than getting it made, but I'd also love pushback and feedback on that
thought; I'm not sure it makes sense yet.

--Mel