Marketing FAD update

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sat Jan 9 05:27:21 UTC 2010

Preparations for this are moving right along - everything in this email
is also on the wiki page, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010.

If you're interested in participating, there's still time - add yourself
to the list at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Attendees; if you need
travel funding, put your proposal in at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Budget.

== Budget ==

We approved Henrik's travel budget (plane), along with Paul's and Ben's
(gas money). IRC logs with rationale and discussion are linked to from
the "status" columns in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Budget.

== Activities ==

Right now, I'm trying to get each day of the FAD an owner working on
some sort of concrete next-step. You've seen some emails to the list
(most recently from Henrik) beginning discussion on this front - see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Agenda for more info.

All the days have owners except for Sunday, for which we will be working
on the Brand Book - Rahul will be starting discussion on a vision for
that shortly, but the day itself does not yet have a leader. Anyone
interested in stepping up? (This /can/ be done remotely.)

== Current days, topics, owners, and next steps ==

Saturday: Strategy and Research, Robyn Bergeron. Watching the "target
audience" discussion that John Poelstra has started on f-a-b,
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2010-January/msg00012.html.

Sunday: Brand Book, No owner yet - please help! Rahul sending a first
draft of a vision document to the list.

Monday-or-Tuesday: Interviews and filming, Max Spevack. No next step
defined yet.

The-other-day: PR, Henrik Heigl, with Sakis Samaras helping plan remotely.

--Mel