[Fedora-music-list] LADSPA plugins

Thu Aug 3 19:35:42 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 17:02 -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 11:32 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>
> > I would go for: ladspa-plugins-NAME
>
> Yes, I think that's better.
>
> > What if the name of the package already contains "plugins"?
>
> Then one could argue that the string "plugins" is simply moved to a
> different place.
>
> Arguably, ladspa-NAME could also be acceptable and it would nicely take
> care of the special case you mentioned.

I'd like to push the existing Planet CCRMA plugin collections to extras
so we should agree on naming before I get started (I'd prefer to switch
names only once - I would have to include proper obsoletes/provides so
that the extra packages have a clean upgrade path for current Planet
CCRMA users)...

I currently have (at Planet CCRMA):

  cmt -> ladspa-plugins-cmt
  mcp-plugins -> ladspa-plugins-mcp
  rev-plugins -> ladspa-plugins-rev
  vco-plugins -> ladspa-plugins-vco
  fil-plugins -> ladspa-plugins-fil
  amb-plugins -> ladspa-plugins-amb
  blop -> ladspa-plugins-blop
  tap-plugins -> laspa-plugins-tap
  caps -> ladspa-plugins-caps
  pvoc -> ladspa-plugins-pvoc

(and swh which is already in extras)

There are a lot of "original package names" that are already
NAME-plugins, so maybe it would be better to go with the crowd and agree
on:

  ladspa-NAME

where NAME includes plugins or not depending on the original name.
Or even better:

  ladspa-NAME-plugins

where you add "plugins" if it is not already there.
This last one does sound better to my ears.

-- Fernando