[fedora-my] Help with translation?

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Sun Jun 7 21:13:02 UTC 2009

Hi everybody!

I'm a Red Hat content author who contributes to a number of Fedora
documents, including the Release Notes, Installation Guide, and User
Guide, and I'd like to ask for a volunteer to help me with some Malay
translations please. Don't worry -- I'm not asking you to translate
whole books -- not yet, anyway ;)

 From Fedora 11 onwards, we're building most of the Fedora documents
with a new publication tool, named Publican. This tool makes it easy to
build a wide range of document types (html, pdf, text, even RPM) from a
single set of XML files. You can read more about it here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Publican and here:
https://fedorahosted.org/publican/

By default, every book produced in Publican includes introductory text
that explains the markup conventions used in the book, and invites
readers to submit feedback. You can see these sections in a mockup
document (in English) here:
http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/Common_Content/en.html

At the moment, any documentation that gets translated into Malay will
display these sections in English, because Publican doesn't know Malay
yet :)

To get Publican working in Malay, three files must be translated:

1. The file that contains the Feedback section
2. The file that contains the Document Conventions section
3. a file that contains about 150 common words (like "Chapter", "Book",
"Author", "Index") -- translating this file will help not only Publican,
but  also any other software that uses Docbook XML.

Is there anyone on the list who is willing to help me with these?

Cheers
Ruediger
Brisbane, Australia