[fedora-my] UM Showcase

Akira~XD akirasama89 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 02:27:34 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm Adila aka akirasama89 and I'm currently a student in the University of
Malaya. I'm doing a student run entrepenuership project which is called the
UM Grand Laptop sale. The purpose is to sell laptops and improving the UM
students entrepenuership skills.

 What I want to do is set up a booth to introduce open source operating
systems (eg: Fedora) and make it an option for people buying laptops bundled
with Freedos or XP. Maybe just let people see and try Fedora for themselves.
We're going to try and involve the whole campus and so this could be a great
chance for people to try out open source things. I need users that know how
to use it and explain it more (and better) than I can. Tell them what to
explore and how open source is a really good alternative. Maybe give demo's
and give out live cd's. This would really be a great way to make people more
aware about open source capabilities. And maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to
kickstart in creating an open source society in UM itself. =D

Details... It will be at Kompleks Perdanasiswa, Universiti Malaya from the
10th to 12th of July 2009 from 9am till 5pm. I know it's pretty soon but it
would be great if you all could make it. But I know Fedora 11's release
party is going to be on the 11th July so maybe could anyone come on the 10th
and 12th? We're quite flexible about the dates. I've already discussed with
my project manager and we could already provide booths, sockets, and
internet connection. It would be great if I could get some of the live cd's
as well so people can try it out and stuff.

My contact details... email me at akirasama89 at gmail.com if need to. My phone
number is 014-6352142.

I really want to make this happen. So I could use with any help I can get.

(Thanks so much!)

Yours sincerely,
Adila Khairul