OCaml group in comps.xml

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 10:47:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:57:16PM +0000, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 13:56 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > This was the patch I just added (attached).
> >
> > I didn't want to get into the game of adding every single package[1]
> > to comps.xml, so I just added a handful of major, commonly used
> > packages.  For now at least.
>
> Excellent.
>
> > On your specific point about omake, it's not so widely used.  Lots of
> > packages use ordinary (GNU) make + autoconf.  There are also competing
> > build systems like OCamlMakefile, ocamlbuild, and actually a few more.
> > (For a minority language, we do have far too many build systems ...)
>
> Since there are so many to choose from, there's definitely no point in
> preferring one over the other - from your comps.xml patch though it
> seems that none of them is offered as optional packages in the OCaml
> group. Wouldn't it make sense to add them to that list ?

Yes, I guess it would.

I've hit another really annoying problem though - you can't run the
packagekit management remotely!!  Seriously, try running
'gpk-application' on another machine ...  So I can't test if my
changes to comps had any effect yet.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)