Help with admin tasks

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 21:30:49 UTC 2008

Robin Norwood wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 19:38:05 +0200
> Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> we need to tag the following package for  dist-olpc3:
>>
>> sugar-base-0.82.1-1.fc9
>> sugar-datastore-0.82.0-1.fc9
>> sugar-toolkit-0.82.0-1.fc9
>> sugar-artwork-0.82.0-1.fc9
>> sugar-0.82.0-1.fc9
>>
>> Dennis has been doing it for us, but he is not working for OLPC
>> anymore. Suggestions on how to handle it in the future? It would be
>> nice if either one of us could get permissions to tag these, or if a
>> Fedora admin would make himself available to do it...
>>

> If you can hop on #fedora-admin on freenode and talk to Jesse Keating
> (f13) and/or Mike McGrath (mmcgrath), they are probably the right
> people to talk to to work this out.  There's also a ticketing system:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report
>
> To submit requests like this, but I think some discussion is probably
> warranted first.  I'm also on that channel (rnorwood), but those are
> the guys who know koji and have the authority to fix things up for
> you.  Once you have permissions, it's as easy as:

Will do, thanks.

>> Also I'm trying to build a package depending on the above
>> sugar-toolkit, but the old version is pulled (the new one was built a
>> couple of hours ago).
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=765163
>>
>> Any idea why it's not in the buildroot yet?
>>

> If this is the one you mean:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=58912
>
> then it looks like it's in 'dist-f9-updates-candidate', which is not
> used to build new things against.
>
> You can either get the above package tagged in dist-f9-updates (I
> think), or use a chain build:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingKoji#Chained_builds

Any idea what this error is about? Perhaps I'm doing something stupid...

[marco at localhost F-9]$ make chain-build CHAIN="sugar-toolkit"
Packages in destination tag dist-f9-updates-candidate are not inherited
by build tag dist-f9-build
Target dist-f9-updates-candidate is not usable for a chain-build
make: *** [chain-build] Error 1

(I resorted to a little hack to build sugar-journal since I needed it
urgently, but I'd still like to learn how to do this properly)

Cheers,
Marco