OLPC kernel repository

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Wed Aug 13 22:25:22 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've been looking around for a repository containing the OLPC kernel,
which we wanted to include in our "Fedora on XO" effort.

Well, I came across this repo [1], which seems to include the packages
with the olpc-3 tag in koji. There's also a kernel in there, but I doubt
that it's the official OLPC one, since it has the same version number as
the one running on my local F9 machine! So far, no luck.

Robin's wiki page [2] concerning the forked packages states that the
kernel is "(not built in koji right now) Deepak Saxena will provide more
details later."

So how to get a repo with the OLPC kernel? Robin made me aware of this
one here [3] (thanks! :)). Is this the correct repository? There are
some kernel builds in there, but I also found recently this page on the
laptop.org wiki [4].

The two given links there to the master and stable branch contain both
RPMs, which are, according to the wiki, rebuilt every 30 minutes...

Do we need to use them? Or is there any other location for the kernel,
we're missing?

--Sebastian

---

[1]