Sugar on Fedora 10 Alpha - how to I run it?

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Aug 8 07:55:23 UTC 2008

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira wrote:

> Marco Pesenti Gritti escreveu:
> | Jerry Williams wrote:
> |>
> |> I noticed that there is a sugar-desktop group on Fedora 10 Alpha.
> |>
> |> How do I run it?
> |>
> |> I tried running sugar-shell and it kind of works, but not like it is
> |> suppose to.
> |>

> | Hello,
> |
> | the packages we have currently in Fedora are only sort of functional. We
> | are going to release Sugar 0.82 this week and I really want to get it
> | working well, both in Fedora 9 and rawhide. The big chunk of work will
> | be to package activities... if someone on this list is interested to
> | help packaging them, it would be a great help!
> |
> | Marco

> Can i help with the  activities packages ??

Sure you are welcome :)

> How can i do that ?  One activity per package or one package with many
> activities ?

It will be a package per activity.

These are the latest sources for the activities:
http://sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Releases/Sucrose/0.82.0#Fructose_modules

And here you can find the journal - an example of a packaged activity

We will put up some more detailed instructions in the next days.

Best,
    Simon