Sugar on Fedora 10 Alpha - how to I run it?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Aug 9 13:08:18 UTC 2008

> Now, when installing into the system with rpm, it would actually make
> more sense to use the standard directory layout. I'm only a little
> worried that it would complicate the build system of activities which
> doesn't use Sugar bundlebuilder.

For me on my XO, it takes less effort to "upgrade" an
already-installed build than to "install from scratch" a build, and
then customize.  I recently used 'yum install' to apply Journal-97
to Joyride.  [That is, the Journal activity was packaged as an rpm.]

It amused me that this "rpm" install did not update the
version-number in the XO's activity registry.  It remained for me to
reboot before the registry showed that 97 had replaced 96.

mikus