Forked packages for OLPC

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 18:09:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> So we've got a list of packages that have been forked in OLPC from their F-9
> equivalents.  Thanks to Dennis Gilmore and Jim Gettys for getting these
> together.  It might be a good idea to figure out:
>
> (a) why they're forked;
> (b) whether we can unfork;
> (c) how we keep track of why and when we fork.
>
> --g

<..snip snip>

./xkeyboard-config/OLPC-3

We have a few outstanding patches which have not made it to upstream
yet. However, we have made really good progress (we had around 20
patches for OLPC-2 and now it is around 3/4 patches for OLPC-3) with
upstream, and I guess for the next release, all our patches will be in
upstream.

<..snip snip>

Apart from that - we have libX11 (which is pulled in from my
dropbox[1] at crank.laptop.org). This is to fix a bug which affects
the Amharic keyboard layout, and it affects the Fedora package[2] as
well. I'll probably complete the patch, and submit it for the Fedora
F-9 package as well. Once that happens, we can use the F-9 package
directly.

Cheers,
Sayamindu

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Build_system#Dropbox_Mechanism