Forked packages for OLPC

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Tue Aug 12 18:16:51 UTC 2008

On Aug 12 2008, at 11:34, Dennis Gilmore was caught saying:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2008 10:55:25 am Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> > So we've got a list of packages that have been forked in OLPC from their
> > F-9 equivalents.  Thanks to Dennis Gilmore and Jim Gettys for getting
> > these together.  It might be a good idea to figure out:
> >
> > (a) why they're forked;
> > (b) whether we can unfork;
> > (c) how we keep track of why and when we fork.

[Sending from right email address this time]

Please add kernel to this. I don't know that we'll ever get our
kernels in sync, partially just b/c we use seprate SCMs and
also b/c we are out of sync with upstream, but I'd like to at
least get us to the point where we can use the fedora build
system.

I'm preparing a detailed email about this topic, will send out
sometime this week if I don't get eaten by 8.2 bugs.

~Deepak

Deepak Saxena - Kernel Developer - dsaxena at laptop.org