[Server-devel] Pungi minimal installer, comps.xml trick

Robin Norwood robin.norwood at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:14:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Playing with a minimal Pungi kickstart file I get an install CD of
> about 500MB. If I add the xs-pkgs dependencies, things balloon to
> 759MB, no longer fitting in a CD. My guess is that a good 1/3 of that
> is related to the graphical installer and related dependencies which
> we don't want on the installed CD.

Hi,

The people working on Anaconda are moving towards deprecating the
text-only installer, if not completely,
then for most cases.

OTOH, if you're doing kickstart installs of these things, then you
don't need the graphical installer after all.

-RN

--
Robin Norwood

-Lao Tzu, Te Tao Ching