[Server-devel] Pungi minimal installer, comps.xml trick

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:03:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 3:14 AM, Robin Norwood <robin.norwood at gmail.com>
> The people working on Anaconda are moving towards deprecating the
> text-only installer, if not completely,
> then for most cases.

Yes, I've seen notes in that direction and discussion on the buildsys
list. It's there in F9, so I'll take advantage of it while I can, and
revisit on the next rebase.

It is not clear to me how the anaconda team will support installs on
embedded systems over serial port. And I have to keep that in mind for
some of the HW options we have for the XS.

> OTOH, if you're doing kickstart installs of these things, then you
> don't need the graphical installer after all.

It must support both kickstart-driven (for deployments) and
interactive (for developers and pilot sites mainly). The interactive
needs are not very complex (partitioning mainly) so as long as a
limited text mode remains, we're ok...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions