Running joyride on Fedora using KVM/QUEMU

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:47:59 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I was looking at running the joyride builds within a VM on a Fedora 10
box and it appears because I don't have a AMD cpu I need to run a
custom build [1] of qemu to allow for CPU support, I'm not sure of the
state of the custom build and as I use the qemu/kvm for other VMs I
don't really want a non standard build. I'm assuming this is from
upstream, does anyone know what the plan is for F-11 and versions of
qemu and if there's any plans to pull in a later build, or even if
there's a new qemu version due? I had a quick search on the qemu devel
and there was discussion of a new official release back in October but
I've not seen anything concrete.

Peter

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Emulating_the_XO/Quick_Start/Linux