What a G1G1 user wants from an alternate OS

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:30:29 UTC 2008

This seems like a reasonable request to me, if a bit idealized.

dwm on xo has a 1-min boot now.
openwrt had a sub-20 sec boot earlier this year.
and didn't etoys have a 6-second boot recently?

with all due respect, 'business applications, youtube, ppt, &c'
doesn't sound like an insurmountable target.

SJ

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> From a post that included the following quote:
>>>
>>> However many G1G1 participants, such as myself, may not be as
>>> interested in the plethora of functionality that these builds have to
>>> offer, and only want rapid, basic functionality:
>>>
>>> 1. Quick boot time (Yes, ideally 5-10 seconds)
>>> 2. Basic wifi access and webbrowsing.