Introduction

Philippe Clérié philippe at gcal.net
Wed Jul 30 09:41:53 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've been asked to help some people who are involved with the OLPC
project in Haiti. I've been following the OLPC since Nicolas Negroponte
announced it way back when plus I've been working with Linux for
several years now. So it seems I know a little bit more and I may be
useful.

I downloaded one the latest images (build 2180 I think) to run on
QEMU/KVM. On QEMU it stops with the following message:

This kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU:
3dnow

KVM does not seem to work at all. I have not been able to find much on
these problems. I was hoping someone could shed some light.

My computer is running Kubuntu Hardy by the way. :-)

I suppose I'll have to switch to Fedora, but I don't have the bandwidth
to download a DVD.

Regards
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>