[Fedora-olpc-list] Intro

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Jul 22 16:12:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 08:24:50AM -0400, Gavin Romig-Koch wrote:

> Hello, my name is gavin.   I am an engineer at Red Hat in support.  My
> background is as a contributer to gcc, g++, glibc, and gdb.  I've some
> experience with Python.  I've played with Squeak and EToys for years,
> though not done anything significant with them.  My children and I have
> two XO's that we play with.  I would be interested in
> seeing/doing/helping Squeak and EToys get packaged up for Fedora.   And
> would be willing to take on whatever other scutt work needs doing.

Thanks!

> I'm not sure what to do about the Squeak licenceing issue.  Has anyone
> from Fedora contacted VPRI about this?

Here are the relevant documents for the squeak-vm and EToys used by
OLPC:

http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/platforms/unix/doc/LICENSE?rev=1569&view=auto
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/etoys;a=blob;f=NOTICE;hb=HEAD

If more information is needed, then please contact Kim Rose at

   (info [at] vpri [dot] org).

(Adjust version numbers to suit yourself).

Initial packaging work is available for both under

   http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/public_rpms/joyride/

if you desire it.

Michael