[Fedora-olpc-list] Re: Looking for Testers: Sugar Appliance

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 16:56:22 UTC 2008

Thank you for testing. I have uploaded new versions based on your
comments. Specific items below.

-- bk

Jerry Williams wrote:
> I pulled it into VirtualBox and it boots okay and I can login to sugar.
> But that is about it.  Wish you had the log activity.

It has been added to the new verison.

> Also the only chat server I have been able to get to work is xochat.org, and
> that is what the livecd has on it.
> I can't get any of the Activities to run.
>
> Looking at Terminal log I see:
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sugar/activity/activity.py", line 59,
> in <module>
> Import json
> importError: No module named json

I missed this from the kickstart files, and did not know where to look
for the errors. Thanks for pointeres on both. It is in the new version.

> I installed
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i38
> 6/os/Packages/python-json-3.4-3.fc9.noarch.rpm
> And now terminal works :)
> And looks like browser also works.
> Looks like chat is broken because it can't find locale/de/activity.linfo for
> most languages.

Where should these files be coming from? I looked in the sugar repos
(http://dev.laptop.org/pub/sugar/fedora) and did not see anything obvious.