Introduction

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Jul 30 10:07:00 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 04:41:53AM -0500, Philippe Clérié wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been asked to help some people who are involved with the OLPC
> project in Haiti.
[...]
> My computer is running Kubuntu Hardy by the way. :-)
>
> I suppose I'll have to switch to Fedora, but I don't have the bandwidth
> to download a DVD.

I like Fedora but I believe there are a number of people using
Ubuntu's Sugar packages:
http://sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Ubuntu

I'm no expert on how compatible the Ubuntu 8.04 (hardy) distribution's
packages mentioned on that page are likely to be with what you've got
already, unfortunately.  But I bet you might get some better advice on
irc.freenode.net #sugar .

> Regards
> Philippe

Martin