Pungi and a text-only F9 installer for XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:59:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
>> A "textonly" splitoff of anaconda and anaconda runtime that drop the X
>> dependencies would shed ~200 MB of dependencies, and make F9 a better
>> fit for embedded deployments, making the XS image smaller and nicer
>> along the way... hint, hint... :-)
>
> NAK because the text mode installer is deprecated in major ways --
> there's just no way to support the feature set that people want from the
> installer.

Interesting. I always understood the text installer would be easier to
support in alt arches and embedded devices, etc. How do you plan to
support installs over serial port on headless boxes?

Deprecated with plans to remove or deprecated = not recommended but
will keep around?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions