Adding new Activities via RPM

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 14:30:16 UTC 2008

If you add a new activity via a yum update, you have to restart sugar
for it to appear on the desktop (or, to appear on the list so you can
put it on the desktop). Combine that with the fact there is no logout
for Sugar, you are left with either a restart  (reboot) or
Ctrl-alt-backspace.

I understand you can download .xo files from a website. Are these
automatically added to the desktop? If so, is there some code or script
which we can put in an rpm %post section to make them appear?

-- bk