Can not launch sugar in rawhide

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 14:40:24 UTC 2008

Simon Schampijer wrote:
> Chris Ball wrote:
>> Hi Bryan,
>>
>>    > I am attempting to test sugar in a vm using the steps below. I get
>>    > to the initial login, and select the sugar desktop. It accepts
>>    > username/password and begins to log me in. It them flashes once,
>>    > and takes me back to the login. Any ideas where I should look for
>>    > errors?
>>
>> You might try "sugar-emulator" inside a GNOME session, and also look
>> at ~/.xsession-errors*.  If Sugar was actually starting, you'd have
>> something in ~/.sugar/default/logs/shell.log, but it sounds like
>> you're being kicked back to GDM before that.
>>
>> - Chris.
>
> Hi,
>
> I am sure you see
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=70446
>
> The fixed rpm is built but did not get accepted for the golden images.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/1101
>
> Best,
>    Simon

I get this in my .xsession-errors file. Is that related?

-- bk

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/sugar-shell", line 30, in <module>
     from main import main
   File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/main.py", line 32, in <module>
     import view.Shell
   File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/view/Shell.py", line 38, in <module>
     from view.frame import frame
   File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/view/frame/frame.py", line 29, in <module>
     from view.frame.activitiestray import ActivitiesTray
   File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/view/frame/activitiestray.py", line 33,
in <module>
     from model import shellmodel
   File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/model/shellmodel.py", line 24, in <module>
     from model.devices.devicesmodel import DevicesModel
   File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/model/devices/devicesmodel.py", line 25,
in <module>
     from model import network
   File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/model/network.py", line 23, in <module>
     from sugar import dispatch