Re: OLPC News Forum

Thanks - I appreciate your help.
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 07:16 -0500, Karlie Robinson wrote:
Could you help me with these questions? (question text pasted below)
http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=3958.msg26977#msg26977

... I don't know enough about USB connected LCD projectors to answer
one way or another.  Worst case is that it won't work out of the box
but there may be a work around out there to get them both working.

LCD projectors usually connect to a VGA output, not a USB port. Having
said that, there is a USB VGA adapter, but there has been limited
success getting it to work.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/Display#USB_VGA_Adapter_.28sisusb.29

The applications list is going to be similar to that of the Fedora Live CD, but I don't have the final applications list yet.

If he wants to try the F10 preview live media that will give him a very
good idea as to what will be available.